Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cheesy Veggie Quinoa Bites

I stumbled across a quinoa recipe that caught my eye.  The problem was that I didn't have all the ingredients, so I thought I would make it my own. It turned out amazing! Even my two year old told me   he loved it.  I had to share it with you guys. Here's my version...

Cheesy Veggie Quinoa Bites

Photo is property of this blog & is copyrighted.

- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped steamed cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh kale
- 2 teaspoons garlic 
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese 
(you can add an extra 1/2 cup if you want it extra cheesy)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste  

Optional ingredients: 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 1 tablespoon of chia seed
(I added these because I put them in everything, but it's totally up to you)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredient together. Spoon into a greased mini-muffin pan & light pressed into pan. (I also made some in a regular muffin pan & they turned out great too). Baked about 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.  Let bites cool in pan for 5mins before removing.

Enjoy!!

Here is my son chowing down:
He told me "yum food good" three times while he was eating it :)
Photo is property of this blog & is copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment